At the time when Paul wrote to the Thessalonians their congregation was in chaos. They were characterized by a condition of disorder. They believed that the return of Christ would be very soon and they were neglecting many of their responsibilities as a result.To address this issue they were given the command to exercise discipline. If a church does not discipline its members they express disrespect for the Lord’s authority they weaken their influence and their problems will spread among their members.But in exercising discipline they were instructed to express a compassionate desire to have their erring brethren restored.
Latest posts by Cliff Goodwin (see all)
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (4) - March 23, 2018
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (3) - March 23, 2018
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (2) - March 22, 2018
- 12: Miriam Saves Her Baby Brother (estimated age) - March 22, 2018
- The True Grace of God – Introduction to the book – Studies in 1 Peter (1) - March 22, 2018