After we have found salvation it is possible for us to return to our former lives of sin and to be separated from God’s saving grace. After our initial obedience to the Gospel we must remain faithful to God for a lifetime. We cannot live a perfect life but the pattern of our life should be righteousness rather than sin.The underlying cause of all apostasy is unbelief. There are many who believe in God but they do not believe God means what He says in the scriptures. Some fail to recognize their responsibility to obey God. Others are too shortsighted to see the long-term consequences of their actions. And some follow the wrong doctrine.We need to do whatever we can to prevent apostasy in our lives. We need to implement God’s teachings in our daily living. We need to spend time with other Christians. And we need to fixate on going to heaven.
Latest posts by Cliff Goodwin (see all)
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (4) - March 23, 2018
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (3) - March 23, 2018
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (2) - March 22, 2018
- 12: Miriam Saves Her Baby Brother (estimated age) - March 22, 2018
- The True Grace of God – Introduction to the book – Studies in 1 Peter (1) - March 22, 2018