Church discipline means more than withdrawing fellowship. There are several steps which come before this final resort. Bible class visits phone calls and letters all serve as less severe forms of church discipline.We must do what we can to help one another live as God would have us to live. Sometimes this means we must withdraw fellowship from one of our brethren. This does not mean we are kicking someone out of the church. Nor is this the sole responsibility of the elders to fulfill. And we cannot make excuses not to obey this or any other part of God’s Word.
Latest posts by Cliff Goodwin (see all)
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (4) - March 23, 2018
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (3) - March 23, 2018
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (2) - March 22, 2018
- 12: Miriam Saves Her Baby Brother (estimated age) - March 22, 2018
- The True Grace of God – Introduction to the book – Studies in 1 Peter (1) - March 22, 2018