We need to acknowledge that our congregations will have problems on occasion. There is no perfect church member and there is no perfect congregation. If we expect church problems it is easier to confront them when they come.The church of Corinth had a problem of division. This is the result of following the wisdom of men rather than the Word of God.They also had a problem of fornication. They did not realize that tolerance of a sin brings an epidemic of the same sin.They made a mockery of the Lord’s Supper as well by treating it like an everyday meal.And they had a problem of denying the resurrection. They failed to acknowledge not only that Christ had risen from grave but also that we will all rise from the grave some day.But they were able to repent of these errors and solve their problems.
Latest posts by Cliff Goodwin (see all)
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (4) - March 23, 2018
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (3) - March 23, 2018
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (2) - March 22, 2018
- 12: Miriam Saves Her Baby Brother (estimated age) - March 22, 2018
- The True Grace of God – Introduction to the book – Studies in 1 Peter (1) - March 22, 2018