Repentance means changing one’s mind and thereby changing one’s actions. Repentance is a necessary part of conversion. We must give up our sinful ways and adopt God’s ways in order to faithfully serve Him. And if we drift back into sin we must repent again and return to the manner of living that God commands.Those who have drifted away from the Lord need to be reminded how they felt before when they were still faithful. We must remind them how it feels to have a clean conscience. We must remind them how it feels to be right with God. We must remind them of the joy they had in Christ. We must remind them of the hope they could have of heaven. And we must remind them of the fellowship they once enjoyed with God’s children.God has commanded every person in this world to repent. If we do not do so we will suffer dire consequences. If we refuse to repent we will be doomed to hell for eternity. But if we obey God’s command to repent we can return His love and we can live with Him in heaven forever.
Latest posts by Cliff Goodwin (see all)
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (4) - March 23, 2018
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (3) - March 23, 2018
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (2) - March 22, 2018
- 12: Miriam Saves Her Baby Brother (estimated age) - March 22, 2018
- The True Grace of God – Introduction to the book – Studies in 1 Peter (1) - March 22, 2018