Jesus said and did many things which upset the Jewish community of His time. However no matter how upset they became with Him they could never truly accuse Him of any wrongdoing. The only witnesses who dared to testify against Him were false witnesses.John the Baptist was one witness to Christ’s identity as the Son of God because the purpose of his entire ministry was preparing the way for the coming of Christ. The Gospel account written by the apostle John is another witness of Christ as he wrote it to provide a complete evidence of Christ’s divinity. God Himself also testified to Christ’s identity once after His baptism and once again when He was transfigured. And prophecies of Christ’s coming also serve as witnesses of Him.
Latest posts by Cliff Goodwin (see all)
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (4) - March 23, 2018
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (3) - March 23, 2018
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (2) - March 22, 2018
- 12: Miriam Saves Her Baby Brother (estimated age) - March 22, 2018
- The True Grace of God – Introduction to the book – Studies in 1 Peter (1) - March 22, 2018