The first Gospel sermon was preached on the day of Pentecost as it is recorded in Acts 2. Peter preached the Word of God and he could tell from their response that many had believed what he told them. Seeing that they had heard and believed he commanded them to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of their sins.Philip also preached Christ in Samaria and as a result those who heard him were baptized in the same manner as those who obeyed the Gospel on the day of Pentecost.And after the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas what he must do to be saved he heard the Gospel believed in Jesus repented of his sins and was baptized for the forgiveness of His sins.
Latest posts by Cliff Goodwin (see all)
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (4) - March 23, 2018
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (3) - March 23, 2018
- As Pertaining to the Grace of God – Studies in 1 Peter (2) - March 22, 2018
- 12: Miriam Saves Her Baby Brother (estimated age) - March 22, 2018
- The True Grace of God – Introduction to the book – Studies in 1 Peter (1) - March 22, 2018